MBBS Admission Notice for Government Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Announcement on Admission of Foreign Students in Government and Private Medical and Dental Colleges for the Academic Year 2018-19
MBBS in Bangladesh Admission Notice 2018-19 for Foreign Students under SAARC Quota Free Seat
Kindly be informed that the Directorate General of Health Services of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of Bangladesh has announced admission of foreign students in Government Medical and Dental Colleges for the academic year 2018-19. This year total 216 seats are reserved for the foreign students, of which 107 seats are allocated for SAARC countries and 109 seats are allocated for NON-SAARC countries, under Bangladesh government’s scholarship programme. Country-wise allocation of seats is as follows:
|Serial No||Country||Seats reserved for SAARC Countries Candidates||Seats Reserved for Non-SAARC Countries Candidates (Note: no SAARC Country student will be given admission in the seats reserved for the non-SAARC candidates)|
|01||India||22||02||64 (sixty four)||22 (twenty two)|
|05||Bhutan||10||02||Under scholarship like SAARC countries|
|06||Maldives||06||01||Myanmar – 05||02|
|Palestine – 13||03|
|Sum-total||94 (ninety four||13(thirteen)||82 (eighty two)||27 (twenty seven)|
|Total Seats: 216 (Two hundred and sixteen)|
- In addition to admission in Government Medical and Dental Colleges, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will consider applications of foreign students for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges in Bangladesh. List of Government and Private Medical and Dental Colleges and availability of seats as received from the Directorate General Of Health Services are enclosed at Annexure A and B
- Criteria and procedure of application for foreign students in the said courses are enclosed at Annexure C. A prescribed application form is also attached at Annexure D. (Application Form is also available at: mofa.gov.bd
- Deadline for receiving applications at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka for admission are 15 November 2018 for Government Medical/ Dental Colleges and 20 November 2018 for Private Medical/ Dental Colleges. No application will be considered after the deadline. 03 (three) sets of photocopies of duly filled in application form, 03 (three) sets Of photocopies of passport and original copy of telegraphic transfer/SWlFT for the mentioned fee must be enclosed with application.
- Applications with aggregate GPA less than 8.0 for Government Medical College and GPA less than 7.0 for Private Medical College will not be considered for admission.
Criteria for Admission of Foreign Students in the MBBS and BDS Courses in Government Medical Colleges and Dental Colleges / Units / Institutes in Bangladesh for 2018-19 academic year.
- Equivalence of Foreign Degree:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2015
- HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2017
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC / ‘O’ level or equivalent and HSC / ‘A’ level or equivalent examination : 8.00 (eight)
- Minimum GPA in SSC / ‘O’ level or equivalent or in HSC / ‘A’ level and equivalent examination : 3.5
- Minimum GPA in Biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- Optional subject shall be considered if GPA is below 5 (five)
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Application Form: Duly filled in application forms in triplicate along with following documents, copy of passport and 6 passport size photographs are to be reached the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka by 15 November 2018 through Bangladesh Missions abroad.
All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministries of the respective countries and respective Bangladesh Missions abroad.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates, admit cards and mark-sheets / transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- Tuition Fees: For Government medical and dental colleges, students from SAARC countries will require to pay tuition and other fees at the rate charged to a Bangladeshi student. Students from other countries will have to pay $5000 (five thousand) per,aqademic year in addition to the tuition fees charged to a Bangladeshi student.
- Application Fee: Each applicant must send US$ 70.00 (seventy) or equivalent BD Tk 6,000/- as non-refundable application fee by Telegraphic Transfer (T.T)/ SWIFT Code through
|Name of Nostro A/C||Account NO.||swwr Code|
|Standard Chartered Bank, New York||3582020365001||SCBLUS33|
|Mashre Bank Psc. New York||70120518||MSHQUS33|
|AB Bank Ltd. Mumbai||5001-000003-155||ABBLINBB|
Beneficiary “Director Medical Education & HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka,
Bangladesh. A/c No: 200024894 with Rupali Bank ltd, Mohakhali Branch, Dhaka, Bangladesh. T. T received copy (Deposit received memo) must be attached with application form.
Only applications transmitted through Bangladesh Missions abroad will be accepted. Applications must reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka by 15 November 2018.