MBBS Curriculum for Undergraduate Medical Education in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the undergraduate medical education program leading to the award of MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is a five-year program, and one year of internship.
The MBBS curriculum in Bangladesh covers a wide range of subjects, including:
- Anatomy: The study of the structure and organization of the human body.
- Physiology: The study of the functions of the human body and its various organs and systems.
- Biochemistry: The study of the chemical processes taking place in living organisms.
- Pathology: The study of the causes, mechanisms, and consequences of the disease.
- Microbiology: The study of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, and their impact on human health.
- Pharmacology: The study of the effects of drugs on the human body and the mechanism of action of drugs.
- Forensic Medicine: The study of the application of medical knowledge to legal problems and the medico-legal aspects of medical practice.
- Community Medicine: The study of the health needs and resources of communities and the development and implementation of programs to improve health.
- Medicine: The study of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases.
- Surgery: The study of surgical procedures and techniques.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: The study of pregnancy, childbirth, and women’s reproductive health.
- Pediatrics: The study of the care of children, including their growth and development, and the treatment of childhood diseases.
Throughout the program, students are expected to participate in clinical rotations, which provide hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating patients.
For MBBS in Bangladesh, the curriculum is designed to provide a solid foundation in the basic medical sciences and to prepare students for the practice of medicine in a dynamic and changing healthcare environment.
The (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) MBBS curriculum in Bangladesh is a comprehensive and rigorous program that covers a wide range of subjects in the field of medicine. The program typically lasts six years, including one year of internship. The following is a list of some of the subjects and prof exam study plans included in the MBBS curriculum in Bangladesh:
MBBS Bangladesh Study Plan
The MBBS course is divided into four phases.
|1st phase||1½ year||Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry||First Professional MBBS|
|2nd phase||1 year||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine||Second Professional MBBS|
|3rd phase||1 year||Pharmacology & Therapeutics Pathology Microbiology||Third Professional MBBS|
|4th phase||1½ year||Medicine & Allied subjects, Surgery & Allied subjects, Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Final Professional MBBS|
Study Medical Education in Bangladesh
Medical education in Bangladesh has been given great importance and continues to expand and improve, with many new medical colleges being established in recent years. The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) program is a highly sought-after course, attracting students from both within the country and abroad.
The MBBS program in Bangladesh offers a comprehensive curriculum, covering all major areas of medicine, including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and more. The program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to provide quality medical care to patients and to pursue further studies in specialized fields.
The medical colleges in Bangladesh are affiliated with top universities and are recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC). These colleges also provide students with opportunities to gain hands-on experience through clinical rotations in various departments, including internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, and gynecology.
In addition, many of these colleges have modern facilities, including well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and lecture theaters, providing students with the resources they need to succeed. The faculty is also highly qualified, with many having received their education and training from renowned institutions abroad.
In conclusion, the MBBS program in Bangladesh provides students with comprehensive medical education, equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to provide quality medical care. With its recognition by the BMDC and its modern facilities and highly qualified faculty, students can be confident that they will receive a top-quality education.